This Friday night we will be having a special Good Friday Service online at 7 pm. The service will be a little more somber as we remember Jesus on the cross. We will also be taking the Lord’s Supper together as a church online. The service will be available here on our website, on Facebook, or on YouTube. We as a church would like for you, as a family, to make unleavened bread to use during the Lord’s Supper. (Don’t forget to buy grape juice too.)
Unleavened bread recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- 3/4 cup scalded milk (Scalded milk is to heat it to an almost boil. You can do this in the microwave)
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- Beat milk, honey, and butter together.
- Then, add the egg.3. Gradually add 2 cups of flour and the salt. The dough will be sticky.
- Use a large 12×17 size parchment paper to roll out the dough. Flour the parchment paper well and add the dough.
- Make sure the parchment paper, rolling pin, and dough are floured well. Use the remaining 1/4 cup flour. Roll the dough to 1/4″ thickness.
- Place the rolled-out dough with the parchment paper on a baking sheet baking pan.
- Prick with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 or 20 minutes.