Baptisms At Hallmark
If you’ve decided to follow Jesus, you have the opportunity to take the next step of obedience by being baptized. Baptism is a public profession of a believer’s faith in Christ – an outward expression of inner spiritual change (Matthew 10:32). Join us and celebrate as new believers share stories of life change and publicly declare that they have decided to follow Jesus.
Who is baptized?
- Only those who have by their own free will put their faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Those who understand that baptism is a picture of what Christ has done in their lives
- Infants cannot make this faith based decision
Where is it done?
Fellow Christians should public baptize new believers in front of other followers of Christ wherever they gather. A worship service is a great place for baptism. Baptist is one of the two ordinances of the church, the Lord’s supper is the other.
Why should I be baptized?
- Jesus tells you to “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them…” (Mathew 28:19)
- Baptism is your first step of obedience following the Lord. Jesus did (Mark 1:9) and His followers do too. (Acts 2:41; 8:38)
- Baptism is a picture of dying to your old way of life and being born again and raised to a new life. “We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” (Romans 6:4)
- Baptism shows others that you have received Jesus Christ as your savior. It is like married people wearing wedding rings as an outward sign of belonging to each other. Or like a rancher who brands his cattle as an outward sign of ownership. “Those who accepted his message were baptized…” (Acts 2:41)
How to Get Baptized
Baptisms happen year-round at Hallmark, and we’d love for you to take part. We invite you to complete the steps below as you consider being baptized.
- Click here to let us know that you would like to be baptized.
- Schedule a time to record your story on video. Carlos Campos, our Student Pastor, records our videos and will contact you after your register to schedule a time to record your testimony.
We want baptism to be a meaningful and enjoyable experience, and we look forward to walking through it with you!